Wednesday 5 January 2011

it's a new dawn, it's a new day

Hey everyone :)

I thought it was time to get some creativity flowing around here again, so I have decided to re-kindle this blog! Since I've now got my fashion blog, RosieGlow, I'm going to make Cider With Rosie a purely music blog. As you can see in the picture above, I had a little notebook planning session, so I'm just writing this post to let you know the ideas and features I've decided to start writing on this blog. 

I've been really dedicated to my fashion blog and I thought it was about time I did the same for music. Music will always be my first love, and recently I've had dreams blossoming about a future in music journalism, or radio or something of the sort. So where better to start experimenting than on my blog? I'm also going to be writing for my University newspaper, The Mancunion, in the Music section but I thought this was a great place to get some writing practice!

In case you're wondering what sort of music it is I'm going to be writing about on here, I don't think I will ever have a theme or be stuck to any particular genre. Although you would probably call me an indie girl at heart, I seriously love all music and all genres and listen and watch a huuuuge range of different things. I am always on the lookout for new artists and new styles and will never be tied down by my music taste! The sky's the limit.

So here's my line-up of some of the things I'll be writing to you about on here:

Gig Reviews: 
Obviously I will be reviewing any gigs I go to (which will hopefully be a lot as there's tons of good ones going on in Manchester this term and I will hopefully score some free tickets working for the newspaper!)

Album Reviews:
I will review a new album on a (hopefully, depending how it all pans out) weekly basis.

Song of the Week:
Every Monday I'll be letting you know of a new song that I am loving that week.

Picks of the Week:
My picks of the best live gigs around the country each week.

Up and Coming:
A monthly feature of the up-and-coming new or unsigned acts I think you should be keeping an eye out for each month.

My own Music:
I might upload videos of myself from time to time playing/singing either covers or my own songs. I've never done anything like that before (minus having a music myspace from when I was about 14) and I think I should probably start.

Skins:
This might seem like a weird one, but my next post is going to be about the music from Skins, because they always chose amazing soundtracks and it got me thinking that rather than just the one feature on it, once series 5 starts, I might make it a weekly feature after each episode: of my favourite music picks from the episode and that sort of thing. We shall see....



Well, that's all I've got for now...I will have to see how it all goes, but I think it'll be great. It'd be lovely to have some followers, so if you fancy sticking around to see where this goes, then follow me - I think it'll be a fun blog!

For now I'll love you and leave you with a song I heard for the first time today and am already in love with. If it was Monday this would definitely be my Song of the Week. It's the first single from Noah and the Whale's new album, Last Night on Earth, which will be released on March 7th, and it's called Life Goes On (or L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N). It's great. Put it on, crank up your speakers and have a dance around - it'll make you happy I guarantee! I don't know if lead singer Charlie Fink has finally got over his ex Laura Marling, but he's definitely cheered up - and I approve :)



Enjoy :)



3 comments:

  1. beautiful blog...Isubscribe,,,you subscribe to my bloh!?!?!?tks...kiss

    http://vale-zagu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! following! :)

    ReplyDelete